Saturday, February 21, 2015

Spring is coming soon...


...and with that the smell of trees blooming, and a freshness in the air.  I cannot believe it is almost here, since we had no winter, no rain, and virtually no Autumn!  I wish someone we could load up all that snow back east and plop it into our empty and bone dry lakes.  So here in the central valley I pray for rain, and lots of it.

One of the things I want to do this year is get back to my blog.  I hope I haven't lost touch with everyone.  I have been visiting all my followed blogs and glad to see you are all still around.  I have had some health issues for the last several months and am still navigating through it all.


Here are a few things I have made recently.  This pendant below was taught by Amy Hannah at Terri Brush Art Camp in the fall.  I had an amazing time!  I love this necklace.
Plexiglas, paper, leather,fibers, and etched metal pendant

Etched brass shield. Back of bird shield

This next photo is a wrap bracelets a sterling silver molten cross I made from Terri Brush' s class at Art Camp. I free hand cut the cross from nickel silver metal then stamped flooded solder. So much fun!!




This trio mixed media pieces I did in a class with Kristen Robinson. I also learned the metal etching from her too.  She is a sweetie!!!



We will see you again real soon.  Becs



2 comments:

Kristen Robinson said...

Perfectly lovely Becky.

Not Waving But Drowning said...

I found your blog looking for something else. Great work. I'm glad you found something to do after work. It's certainly needed. (A 30 year C.O with chronic insomnia which is why I'm on here at 0309 in the morning). I love the Victorian look of it all.