Sunday, December 18, 2011

Bloggerette Sorority Sister Swap and a wonderful surprise from my sweet and sassy friend, Marsha



Bloggerette Sorority Sisters Christmas Ornament Swap. My wonderful sister swapper was Ginger of Glitter and Roses. Ginger has the most beautiful pictures of her home and I think I wanna live there. Her Christmas decos are pinks, whites and silvers in the main room and then each room seems to have a theme. I thought I was the only one like that around! LOL Sad to say there aren't many decos up here this year since we are in the middle of a remodel. But I do have all my awesome ornies out and will be putting them on my lil pink tree tomorrow...YAY!

This fall I had the opportunity to take a paperclay doll making class with the famous Colleen Moody, the wonderful Doll Atelier! Colleen makes the most amazing dolls. I now have three in my collection. Anyway, thanks to Colleen's class I was able to learn this awesome new craft. The snowflake girl is a snowgirl head adorned with a romantic and whimsical hat made of french script muslin and roses and ribbon. She has been painted, stained and glittered and attached to a glittery tin snowflake. She has a ruffled collar made of muslin and vintage lace and cute rosy cheeks.


The other ornie is also paper clay. She is the pink jeweled snow queen. She is made of paperclay and includes shoulders with a ruffly chiffon wrap, a ribbon and rhinestone choker and a paper crown adorned with a pink vintage rhinestone jewel piece.




YES!!! These are the beautiful ornaments GInger made and sent me...I love them both. I was drooling over the bulb when she was posting about making them.

The bulb is frosted, glittered and then has bridal type lace around it and roses and ribbons!

And this snowflake backed paper star, vintage and glitter ornament is so lovely and 3D, It's just beautiful!

Thanks so Much Ginger!



Look at this adorable spoon! Marsha is so talented and so giving and so amazing! Such a good friend...I was very surprised the other day after having a horrible day to come home and find this lovely in my mail waiting for me. I love it! The spoon is adorned with an image of a frozen charlotte, glittered and it says vintage girl. The spoon is held by pretty crystals and beads in pale pinks and ivories. It was packaged in a clear cello with the yummy pink shred and the cutest pink and ivory buttons! I love it! This will not go in a box after Christmas. It is perfect for my room! Thanks sweet Marsha! If you want to see all the amazing things Marsha does with old and vintage stuff...pop on over to her blog Tattered Chick (aka Sassy Mini Dolls)

If you want to pop on over to the bloggerette Sorority Site, there is a Linky Party starting up with the swap participants. Click on the icons in the linky party under the post and it will take you to their blogs to see all the beautiful goodies. Also, there is info on the blog about how to become a sororoity sister. Thanks Debi at Marionberry Cottage for hosting this wonderful swap!

7 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Ohhh, ♥ your beautiful snow gals, Becs!!!! I've been busy making snow men, perhaps there will be a wedding of snow people in the future, LOL

What beautiful ornaments you received!

Now I'm blushing . . . thank you so much for the kind words :) I have a bit of the blues today but you made me smile :)

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!!

((HUGS))
Marsha

Laurie said...

Your Coleen Moody snowgirls are precious! I'm working on paperclay snow people today so this was just a great inspiration!

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Becky, I hope this finds you well. I am a huge fan of Colleen, I only wish I lived closer, would love to take one of her classes. I love her birds dolls. Your snow people are just beautiful! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. Hugs, Terri

JoAnne said...

Those snowgirls are amazing Becs! Merry Christmas!

Ginger said...

I love my sweet ornaments you made me. They will be treasured each Christmas. Hope you love yours.
Merry Christmas
Ginger

Dreaming of Vintage said...

What beautiful ornaments!

Unknown said...

Hi Bec's I'm sooo- glad you stopped by, I love your paper clay ornies and your blog, you are my kinda gal, now all I have to do is get better so I can visit some more bloggers. Your comment was sooo-nice and thoughtful that I had to come and find you.Now I'll follow. Hugs and Merry Christmas to you and I'll see ya soon new friend! Marilou