Monday, December 21, 2009

Alice's Altered Tea Cup




The Mad Tea Party group recently had an altered tea cup swap (In which I am late getting mine off...) Being sick just put a tremendous damper on all my projects....

This tea cup is for KeKe and I will be mailing it out in the morning. It was challenging for me, just finding a vintage cup that I liked that wasn't too over the top. Most of the tea cups I like are very victorian and lotsa roses on them....




I found this Bavarian tea cup at one of my favorite antique stores and it was only $5.00 (it has a small chip on the cup) but since KeKe won't be drinking out of it, I didn't think Alice would mind.




I used paper millinery roses and shredded paper, netting, tulle and a pink feather and sat Alice up on the feather. I added glitter and trim and some rhinestones...It was fun...




Talk to you soon and if I don't talk to you before Friday...Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Becs, you did a lovely job on this one! I think you picked a perfect cup to do it in. What a neat idea!
Merry Christmas to you to sweetie : )

Anonymous said...

Hi Becs!! The tea cup is wonderful! very nice and of course pink roses are my favorite!! Merry Christmas sweet friend...Hugs, Jennifer :)