Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Marie Altered Shoe!

Well I finally got this shoe finished! It took me longer to decide what I was gonna do than it did to do it! Have you ever been in that spot? This shoe will be going to Sherri on the Marie Mail Art Swap group. Hope she likes it...I am so Nervous! Here are a few pictures. I used one of my sister's red pumps. I painted it pink, then put vintage french music paper around it. I added a 1 1/2" ribbon ruffle all the way around and added paper roses, feathers, ribbon, tulle, pearls and rhinestones. I also made an ATC and placed it into the feathers and ribbon. I also put a cute little pink bird in the roses....

For the pictures (not so good, I waited too long to take the picks with not much light)




7 comments:

Cassandra said...

Wow even with poor lighting it still looks wonderful! Great job!

Mimi's Rose Chenille Boutique said...

Becs ~ I love this gorgeous shoe! I sure do envy the lucky lady receiving this! Beautiful job!

Mimi

carla said...

You shouldn't be nervous, it's adorable! Really really lovely
c
(www.leafdays.com)

Tristan Robin said...

so pretty!!! nervous? whoever gets it will love it!

Finding Grace, Going Mobile said...

Ooh La La! Your creations are taking on a decidely Francais twist, mon ami. Hey, are you going to be at the Iris Festival in Porterville? I will be there, and thought if you had a booth or something I'd stop by. I'm going with the Red Hats, lol.
Smoochies,
Theresa @ Cottage Violets

CLD said...

Amazing....This is just stunning!!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog, I'm so glad I happened upon it. The shoe is just gorgeous. I'm going to follow your blog so I'll be back often. Have a great day! Jennifer